- ¾ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp brandy extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups candied red cherries, cut in half
- 1 ½ cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup golden raisins
- ½ cup diced mixed candied fruit
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven 325ºF.
- Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, vanilla and brandy extract until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; add alternately with buttermilk to butter mixture, beating just until blended.
- Stir together cherries, pecans, raisins and mixed fruit; fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Baked 1 hour and 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan.
- Immediately wrap in foil. Allow to stand overnight before serving.
- To serve, sprinkle powdered sugar over top.
more cakes, cookies, bread, etc..
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.