- 1 whole chicken (1.2 to 1.4 kl)
- 10 cups water
- ½ kl chicken bones
- 2 pcs. chicken broth cubes
- 10 pcs. whole black pepper corns
- 1 to 2 tbsp. rock salt
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and pounded
- 1 stalk leeks, knotted
- 2 tbsp. rendered chicken fat
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Place water and chicken bones in a large pot.
- Add chicken broth cubes and peppercorns.
- Place over high fire and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for at least an hour.
- Rub chicken with rock salt.
- Stuff with garlic, ginger and leeks.
- Put the chicken into the broth.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat.
- Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Invert chicken then simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Fill a big bowl with ice and water.
- Lift cooked chicken out of the pot and immediately dip it into the ice bath.
- Invert once and then remove. This procedure will tighten the chicken skin and seal in the flavors.
- Drain well.
- When ready to serve, cut chicken into serving pieces.
- In a bowl, mix together rendered chicken fat, sesame oil and salt.
- Brush chicken with this mixture.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
Category: Main Dish