- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 6 tbsps. butter or margarine, divided
- 4 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) green peas, drained
- Cook pasta in a sauce pan according to package directions.
- Melt 3 tbsps. butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onions; sauté until transparent. Cover.
- When done, reduce heat to low and cook 10 minutes.
- Melt remaining butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, nutmeg, onions, cream and peas; heat through.
- Serve over hot cooked macaroni.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
Category: Noodle and Pasta