- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 2 cups desiccated coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 12 pcs. jumbo shrimp
- Vegetable oil for frying
- ½ cup orange marmalade or orange jam
- 2 tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tsp. prepared horse redish ( or grated labanos)
- Combine, with a whisk, the beer, flour, ½ cup coconut flakes, sugar and salt. Mix well, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare your sauce. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and then cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Devein the shrimps. Pell the shrimp but leave the tails intact. Set aside.
- Preheat the oil in the pan.
- Place the remaining coconut in a bowl.
- Dip the shrimp in batter. Then coat with coconut.
- Fry shrimps until golden brown. Drain in paper towels.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
Category: Main Dish