- 1 kilo large size fresh squid
- 1/4 cup kalamansi juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sprite or 7up
- coarsely crushed peppercorns
- Clean squid, pull out the head and the innards will come out with it. Discard entrails. Remove the teeth and keep aside head and tentacles. Remove the membrane from the body. Wash out remaining entrails under running water and drain.
- Marinate squid in a mixture soy sauce, sprite or 7up, kalamansi juice and some cracked peppercorns for 30 minutes to 1 hour before grilling.
- Drain marinade from the squid and keep aside marinade.
- Using large bamboo skewer string each with head in place. Grill squid about 4-6 inches above charcoal for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Baste squid with the marinade in between.
- When done slice each squid crosswise and serve with your favourite dipping mixture.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
Category: Main Dish