- ¼ c. cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ k. lean pork, cut in serving pcs.
- ½ c. vinegar
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- 1/3 c. sugar
- ½ c. water
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 carrot, cut in strips
- 2 pcs. Saba bananas, cut diagonally about 1” thick, fried
- 2 pcs. Pan de sal or French bread, cut in squares and fried
- 1 bay leaf
- Brown garlic in hot oil. Drop pork pieces, fry until brown.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, water, bay leaf and peppercorns.
- Allow to boil without stirring.
- Lower flame and cook until pork is almost done.
- Add carrots and continue cooking till pork is tender.
- Before serving, add fried bananas and pan de sal or French bread.
Category: Main Dish