- Knives and/or meat slicer
- Plastic or stainless basin or pan
- Ingredients scale or measuring cup or spoons
- 1 kl lean meat from beef, carabeef, preferably with 8-10% intramuscular fat
- 15 g. salt
- 25 g. sugar
- 2 g. garlic powder
- 4 g. black pepper
- 2 g. MSG
- 10 g. anisado wine
- 2 g. atsuete extract
- Partially freeze or chill meat.
- Slice to about 1/8 inch thick. Make sure it is across the muscle fiber.
- Weigh ingredients and mix them all thoroughly.
- Spread a very thin layer of spice on a tray.
- Place one layer of slice meat on top of the spice on the tray.
- Spread a very thin layer of the spice on top of the meat by wiping it with your hands dipped in the mixture of spices.
- Arrange another layer of sliced meat on top of the first layer.
- Apply spices on top of the meat.
- Repeat operation until all meat is completely applied with ingredients.
- Keep meat in a refrigerator overnight to cure. Do not place more than five kilos of meat in a tray.
- Tapa may now be cooked, package, sold, or may be partially or completely dried under the hot sun or by an artificial dryer.
Category: Processed Meat